The present day Burris Construction Company has been formed and shaped by over 30 years of experience. Led by Bill Burris Jr., BCC's history is rich in innovative ideas and concepts. The design/build team of Burris Construction Company brings to each project leaders in construction, finance and law – partners with whom they have established relationships for over 30 years. You can be assured that Burris Construction will be working with you to design and build a property that will provide the highest, most efficient care for your residents and patients and the highest return to you.
- The original Burris Construction Company, Inc. is founded by William G. Burris in 1980.
- William G. Burris Jr. becomes president of Burris Construction Company in 1982 and by 1992 completes over $88 million in projects. During this period, Burris forms joint venture, McQuade-Burris, which builds facilities like Silver Court Nursing Center and the Hamilton, NJ area YMCA. Both projects require the challenge of cutting over 1.5 million dollars from the project budgets in order to get them off the ground. Many of the projects completed during this period include the expert knowledge and guidance of current Burris Construction Company president James Gibson.
- The 1988 YMCA project convinces Burris that he needs to use his own architect on future projects thus starting his venture into design/build and becoming the standard to which other companies would strive to attain.
- The design/build team of Burris Construction Company builds the Marcella Center Nursing Home in 1990 (now owned by Genesis HealthCare) and establishes the template for skilled nursing facilities.
- In 1991, William G. Burris Jr. becomes senior vice president of the publicly traded The Multicare Companies, Inc. where Burris hones and masters expertise in the field of skilled nursing and assisted living facility development during which time New Jersey Governor Jim Florio officially introduces the ALF concept in 1994. Multicare is sold to Genesis Healthcare in 1996.
- In 1996, Burris and the team at Health Resources of New Jersey, Inc. are hired by Summerville Healthcare Group to design an assisted living facility. By listening to the needs and concerns of all of the Group's principals and department heads, Burris Construction Company develops an ALF model that becomes the prototype for ALFs in New Jersey and beyond. The three Summerville facilities which remain open today, Summerville at Stafford in Manahawkin, Summerville at Voorhees and Summerville at Hillsborough, NJ, are the three facilities built with the Burris methodology – understand the intent and the efficiency needed – and have produced a positive bottom line for Summerville.
- The three facilities designed and built for Summerville Healthcare Group by Burris and team are financed by Health Care REIT between 1996 and 1998.
- Burris joins CareOne in 1998 and the Summerville ALF prototype is adopted, implemented and becomes the gold standard.
- From 1998 to 2009, Burris Construction Company applies its design/build strategy, its team and business savvy to two of New Jersey's premier assisted living facilities – CareOne at Moorestown and CareOne at Livingston. Each facility is designed with unique touches that provide the residents with an ambience that helps them live life to the fullest.
- 2009 to 2012, Burris Construction Company continues to be an innovative leader in the senior healthcare industry. 2012 saw the transformation of a former hotel and conference center into the luxurious senior living community of Spring Hills Cherry Hill and the opening of the innovative Genesis HealthCare's PowerBack Rehabilitation in Voorhees designed and built by Burris Construction Company. Read more…