Burris Construction Company (BCC), the leading builder in New Jersey of healthcare facilities, employs a design-build project delivery system also known as the “master builder” concept. Through this method of delivery, Burris Construction Company brings to every project its team of leaders and experts in industry, finance and community thereby reducing delivery schedules by overlapping the design and construction phases of a project and becoming the single-point of contact.
In addition to its design-build leadership, BCC brings its trademarked brand of innovation to each project. From its vision of net-zero energy usage to partnerships with world-class companies that support their initiative to provide best practices in patient care, Burris Construction Company is raising the bar for the meaning of the “master builder.”
Here are just a few examples of the innovations in energy efficiency and technology used in Burris design-build buildings.
- All interior and all site LED lighting
- Sealection Agribalance Insulation
- A Two-component, open-cell, spray-applied, semi-rigid polyurethane foam system that contains more than 20% renewable based materials.
- Exterior walls and ceiling/roof deck on the 3rd floor
- Exterior Wall thickness, 5½”, R-Value of 24
- Ceiling/Roof Deck of 3rd Floor thickness, 9½”, R-Value of 42
- Miele Washer and H20 Dryer
- Reduces cost by 60% and recognized by the EPA for significantly reducing carbon emissions.
- H20 Dryer significantly reduces carbon emissions and decreased electricity consumption by up to 90%.
- High efficiency exterior glass, Solexia Glass
- Solarcool Solexia and Solarban 60 provides a 6’x6’, clear view (no grid), single glass panel provides clear views of the outside, while maintaining an excellent source of privacy for the resident.
- Kitchen Equipment
- Geo Thermal Condensers for walk-in boxes
- Induction cooking
- Hybrid Kitchen hood system with variable speed drives based on heat and smoke detection through sensors
- Geothermal Well Field
- 80 Wells @ 400 ft deep provide the most efficient heating and cooling system for the entire building
- Climate Master Geothermal, High Efficiency TT-Series Heat Pumps
- The Tranquility, Two-stage (TT) series blends the most advanced technology with the most advanced design to create the highest efficiency water-source heat pumps available.
- Venmar, Energy Recovery Units
- Variable drive motors and demand
- C02 ventilation control
- Kone 5000# eco-space Machine roomless elevators
- 6.6 HP, machine roomless as opposed to 40 HP, Hydraulic
- White TPO Reflective Roofing on flat roof
- Heat reflective and energy efficient
- Withstands ponding water and very flexible
- Environmentally friendly and recyclable
- Solar Panel System
- Building is 100% backed-up with MTU 600kw Diesel Generator
- HydroWorx 2000 Series Pool
- This state of the art aquatic therapy equipment boasts a host of high-performance features.
- Variable pool depth features a moveable floor, 8’x12’ underwater treadmill, resistance jet technology and a computer and camera system that allows both the resident and physician to monitor improvement.